Re: To: Mr. Al Cohen: Your Reply To My Previous Post (which database to use/buy) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: To: Mr. Al Cohen: Your Reply To My Previous Post (which database to use/buy)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 07:00:40AM -0800, Bob wrote:
> with Access, but would certainly like to try mysql first.
>
> Have downloaded it properly, I think, but can't get it to run.

If you're looking for MySQL help, you should probably try a MySQL
list.  This is for Postgres support.

> Why does it disappear ?  (running W98)

You won't be able to use Postgres on Win 98, I think -- I could be
wrong.  You'd need Cygwin, in any case.  There is a document to help
you:

<http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.3.3.README>

It's for 7.3, but it likely works for later versions.  I have never
used Postgres on Windows (I can barely stand to use Word on Windows),
so I can't help you.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca