Re: transactions in plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: transactions in plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
El Vie 19 Mar 2004 12:49, Richard Huxton escribió:
> On Friday 19 March 2004 13:01, Martin Marques wrote:
> > I'm building some functions in plpgsql, and I got to a point where I
> > thought: How are transactions used in the function? Is it posible to
> > rollback the modifications that were made to the tables at some point in
> > the plpgsql function?
>
> You can abort the entire transaction by raising an exception. Nothing more
> sophisticated is available at the moment.

OK, this would mean that the whole function is in a transaction. But what if I
call another function from within this one and it that function gets an error
which is RAISED? Can I do something about it on the original function, or do
I have to let it all rollback?

--
 09:19:02 up 11 days, 13:50,  2 users,  load average: 1.13, 0.88, 0.38
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'