Re: Smallint - Integer Casting Problems in Plpgsql functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Smallint - Integer Casting Problems in Plpgsql functions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 17 March 2004 15:54, Denis Gasparin wrote:
> Hi, i'm upgrading our database from postgresql 7.2.3 to 7.4.2.
> The import went fine but i have some casting problems with plpgsql
> functions.
>
> I've create a test function with this code:
>
> create function test(varchar,smallint,integer) returns integer as '

> select test('aaa',1,1);
> gives me the following error:
> ERROR:  function test("unknown", integer, integer) does not exist

Easiest solution is to just define the function as accepting integer rather
than smallint.
I believe the typeing will be smarter in 7.5 but don't know if it will affect
this situation.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd