Re: Character escape in "CREATE FUNCTION ..." - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Character escape in "CREATE FUNCTION ..."
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:38:05 -0700,
  Shilong Stanley Yao <yao@noao.edu> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am trying to write a function in Postgresql, which takes 2 floats and
> returns a box.  But seems the nested single-quote in the AS clause
> prevent $1 and $2 from being expanded.  Besides writing a C function
> instead of a SQL one, is there any way to solve this problem?

I believe you want to concatenate $1 and $2 with the constants parts
of the string rather than to embed them in the string.

The cube type in contrib/cube already has functions for making a cube
from float8 numbers without converting to text inbetween. Depending
on what you want this might be another approach for you.