Re: Different version of PostgreSQL on same machine? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Different version of PostgreSQL on same machine?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday 01 March 2004 10:31, Karam Chand wrote:
> Hello
>
> In my development area I want to install and run
> various versions of Postgresql on the same machine
> (sorry....but acute shortage of hardware) listening on
> different port.
>
> Is it possible?

Certainly - I believe the Debian packages might support this natively now, but
in any case so long as you compile from source it is straight-forward. You'll
need to specify unique values for:
1. binaries
2. data ($PGDATA)
3. port for internet connection (default is 5432)

Worth searching the archives for this, since this question was asked by
someone else a few weeks ago.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd