Restoring a table with a different name - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Nolan
Subject Restoring a table with a different name
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a 600K row table on my production system (running 7.3.3)
that I dump and load on my development system (7.4.1) every night using
cron jobs.

I would like to be able to restore the table under a different table name
without first having to play games with the development copy of the table.

If I edit the dump file with 'sed' to change the table name, I get
'invalid command \N' errors trying to reload it.

If I create the dump using inserts instead of load, inserting 600K
records takes too long.

The best solution I've come up with so far is to copy the table on the
production system to the new table name, then dump and restore it.

Is there an easier way to do this?
--
Mike Nolan