Re: create large object by tcl - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Wong Eric
Subject Re: create large object by tcl
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Thanks for your help and I can create and write to
large object by Tcl successfully.

(I find that the documentation has mentioned about
this and I overlooked it)

However, I would like to ask why a transaction is
needed for accessing large object?

--- L J Bayuk <ljb220@mindspring.com> 的郵件內容:>
hehe88hk@yahoo.com.hk wrote:
> > If I use the libpgtcl library, I find it can only
> get a file
> > descriptor of '-1' returned by pg_lo_open.
> >
> > If I use pgintcl, I find it can only get a file
> descriptor of '0'
> > returned by pg_lo_open, followed by an error
> message:
> >
> > "
> > ERROR:  lo_write: invalid large obj descriptor (0)
>
> Are you doing all your large object calls inside
> transaction blocks,
> as required? If not, the large object descriptors
> will not be valid.
> Send BEGIN, operate on a large object, then send
COMMIT.

必殺技、飲歌、小星星...
浪漫鈴聲  情心連繫
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=22281/*http://ringtone.yahoo.com.hk/