Re: [Re] Need help with postgresql/apache/php optimisation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: [Re] Need help with postgresql/apache/php optimisation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 18 February 2004 21:35, Froggy / Froggy Corp. wrote:

> Another question, i put on postgresql.conf a limited number of
> postgresql max_connections, and use permanent link beetween apache and
> postgresql. The problem is that a lot of apache thread is used for
> sending data (gfx). Is there a way to say that some thread are only here
> for php process ?

Given your lack of memory, I'd drop the permanent (persistent) connections
between php and postgresql - connect for every page you need to. That should
free up some memory.

Once we have the vmstat figures, we can look at how to tune postgresql.conf
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd