Re: Rant to the guiding lights of Postgres [auf - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Rant to the guiding lights of Postgres [auf
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Claudio,

> This is the key point. You looked for something that you reasonably expected
> to be able to find, or at least pertinent related information... but came up
> empty. Seems like a fair enough point for "advocacy" to me.

Certainly.    This is a matter of poor organization on the web site.
However, I have frequently noticed that despite roughly 80 people complaining
about the state of the web site, only a tiny handful have offered to help
with it.

I will say it again: this is an Open Source project, not a Fortune 500 vendor,
and not a government-funded charity.   If you see something you don't like,
fix it, or at least be polite to the people who are trying to fix it.   Don't
rant about "why doesn't someone fix this?"; it will win you no friends.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions