How To Connect to another Database inside a plpgsql function - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Gezeala 'Eyah' Bacuño II
Subject How To Connect to another Database inside a plpgsql function
Date
List pgsql-php
Hi Guys!

I have 2 database namely "DB1" and "DB2".

In DB1 I created a plgpsql function fnTest().

My problem is inside fnTest() I need to check some tables in DB2! I've no idea how to do this. Usually when I make a function I only access tables/views/functions in the same database. I really don't know if this is possible.

BTW, I googled my problem but did not see any topics on this.

Need your expertise on this one guys...TIA!

Marie Gezeala M. Bacuño II
IS Department
Muramoto Audio-Visual Phils., Inc.
MEPZ1, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines 6015

The person with the ultimate cachinnation possesses, thereby, the optimal cachinnation.