Re: Problem when I'm using libpq PQconnectdb function - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: Problem when I'm using libpq PQconnectdb function
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 02:21:50PM -0800, Daniel Gerardo Lucero Baylon wrote:
> I compile a C program which uses libpq on Win 32.
>
> When call PQconnectdb function and retrieves error message (PQerrorMessage),
> this is error function returns:
>
> "could not create socket: WSAStartup not yet called (0x0000276D/10093)"
>
> I don't know what error means.

The error means that WSAStartup has not yet been called.  And that means
that you must call WSAStartup before you try to create a socket.  That's
what the message says.  It's a Windows-specific problem that doesn't exist
on other systems.

These are generic C/C++/Windows programming problems, so this is not really
the right place to bring them up...

Jeroen