Re: Please help re function packaging... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Please help re function packaging...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 10 February 2004 11:18, brynk wrote:
>  Anyone please help... I'm a newbie on creating
> functions in postgresql.
>
> Here is an oracle package that I'm trying to port to
> postgresql:

> CREATE OR REPLACE  PACKAGE BODY NewsPkg.NewsTools

We don't have packages.

>    PROCEDURE del_news (i_id IN VARCHAR2)

These will be functions rather than procedures.

> Can anyone help me on how this oracle package would
> look like in postgresql... I would really appreciate
> it if someone could show me even the synopsis of this
> code in postgresql. I've been trying all sorts of ways
> to come up with the code in postgresql

Post one of your functions with the Oracle equivalent and someone will be able
to point out any problems.

> but when I this
> command:
>     select NewsTools.del_news('20040111DN001869');
> I get this error:
>     ERROR:  Namespace "NewsTools" does not exist

And does the namespace (i.e. schema) NewsTools exist?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd