Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From markw@osdl.org
Subject Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On  6 Feb, Tom Lane wrote:
> markw@osdl.org writes:
>> Sorry it's taking so long.  I tried to take a export from CVS today and
>> the database appears not to be able to connect to the postmaster when I
>> attempt to create the database.  Let me know if getting a trace of
>> anything will help, if you guys already aren't already aware of the
>> problem.
>
> CVS tip is not broken to my knowledge.  Details please?

I ran this:

$ strace -o /tmp/initdb-7.5.out initdb -D /opt/pgdb/dbt2
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "markw".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /opt/pgdb/dbt2 ... ok
creating directory /opt/pgdb/dbt2/global ... ok
creating directory /opt/pgdb/dbt2/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory /opt/pgdb/dbt2/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory /opt/pgdb/dbt2/base ... ok
creating directory /opt/pgdb/dbt2/base/1 ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 1000
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /opt/pgdb/dbt2/base/1 ... ERROR:  relnatts disagrees with indnatts for index 16601
initdb: child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/opt/pgdb/dbt2"

I've never seen this relnatts and indnatts disagreements message before.
I'll attach a compressed strace.

Thanks,
Mark