Re: killing idle postgres instances - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: killing idle postgres instances
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 08:56:15PM -0200, Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes wrote:

> Thanks, Tom,
>
> but the connections are closed by a finally clause.

If you have idle connections, then necissarily, that's not happening.

> And, besides, when the vm exits, all tcp/ip connections should be closed...

I've definitely seen cases where this is not the case; they're
closed, but not properly.  Eventually PostgreSQL will notice that the
client is gone and shut the connection down, but that will take some
time (like 2 hours).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner