Re: postgres timeout. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Stef
Subject Re: postgres timeout.
Date
List pgsql-performance
Forgot to mention that I use postgres 7.3.4

Stef mentioned :
=> Hi all ,
=>
=> I'm trying to find out if there is a specific setting
=> to make transactions time out faster in a scenario
=> where there's an update on a table in a transaction
=> block, and another update process tries to update
=> the same column.
=>
=> It looks like the second process will wait until you
=> end the transaction block in the first transaction.
=>
=> I've looked at the deadlock timeout parameter and
=> other parameters, but I don't think I found  what
=> I'm looking for.
=>
=> I basically need to be able to let the second process
=> exit with an error after waiting 5 - 10 seconds.
=>
=> Please can someone help?
=>
=> Kind Regards