Re: Organizing the OSCON presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Organizing the OSCON presence
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
[ There is text before PGP section. ]

[ PGP not available, raw data follows ]

> > The submission deadline for OSCON 2004 is just 21 days away.
>
> I'm going to submit an application or two soon. One is a
> tutorial on how to use the database to help your DBA and
> application writers get along with other by good use of
> "advanced" database features. The other one is still in
> flux, but perhaps a "how to convert from a proprietary
> database to an open-source one" By open source one I mean
> PostgreSQL of course ;).
>
> > One other thing to settle is for one of the Core to take
> > a "State of PostgreSQL" presentation and push O'Reilly
> > to give us a time slot.
>
> Are you on this? Have you heard back from O'Reilly on this yet?
> I really, really want to see this happen. :)

I am going to submit my "Adoption and Trends" talk for a "State of
PostgreSQL" talk. I think it is general enough and has lots of
interesting ideas even for non-PostgreSQL folks.