BUG #1056: ecpg ignores WHENEVER NOT FOUND - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PostgreSQL Bugs List
Subject BUG #1056: ecpg ignores WHENEVER NOT FOUND
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1056
Logged by:          Wes

Email address:      wespgc@syntegra.com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system:   Redhat Linux 7.3

Details:

This problem occurs with both 7.4 and 7.4.1.  The problem does not occur at
7.3.4.

I have a statement in my program such as:

 EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND GOTO nextvalError;

The C code generated by ecpg at 7.4 and 7.4.1 is missing the statement:

 if (sqlca.sqlcode == ECPG_NOT_FOUND) goto nextvalError;

My workaround is to manually insert this code in my program.