Re: [press] UltraSQL for Windows released - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: [press] UltraSQL for Windows released
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi all

> > Isn't it?  Its PostgreSQL packaged for Windows, no?  Same software, just
> > packaged for easy install ... the only thing I think should be different
> > is that the logo be clickable back to the main web site ... but they do
> > state that its a "native Windows port of PostgreSQL database." so it isn't
> > as if they are trying to hide it ...
>
> Not exactly. It is the NuSphere (AKA PeerDirect) native Win32 port of
> PostgreSQL, which is based on 7.2.1 (they didn't even bother to apply a
> 7.2.1 - 7.2.4 delta yet). I don't think the full source code is
> available and the stuff is not at all peer reviewed by the PostgreSQL
> community.

It seems that the advocacy ppl would check it. The PostgreSQL is under BSD License but it doesn't imply that every
productderivate from it could use the same "publicity" as the original project. ppl can be false ideas from PostgreSQL
ifit eventually occurs. We need to be tight in this point. That's my opinion. Comments?

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br