Re: Newbie to Postgres - Urgent query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Newbie to Postgres - Urgent query
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 16 January 2004 09:18, Ritu Khetan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>     I am trying to use DBI in perl to connect to my Postgres database. I
> am able to connect to the database but when any further queries are made
> using the database handle, I see the following message in my error logs
> and no results are generated -
>
> "NOTICE:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
> transaction block"

1. Check the return-values of your calls (e.g. connect, exectute...)
2. Turn on statement logging in PG to see what is happening.

If the return values and the logs don't seem to help, post both back here and
we'll see what we can do.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd