Re: SQLSTATE with pg74.1jdbc3.jar - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Paul Thomas
Subject Re: SQLSTATE with pg74.1jdbc3.jar
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 15/01/2004 15:48 Moreno Mauri wrote:
> > What version of PostgreSQL are you running? To get the error codes
> > requires a 7.4 server.
>
> This was really a newbie error: I'm using postgresql 7.2 !
>
> I changed the driver (now is pgjdbc2.jar) but the problem
> didn't disappear.

versions of PG earlier than 7.4 don't supply error codes to the client (in
our case the JDBC driver). Using an earlier version of the driver does not
change this. You will need to use the latest driver _and_ update your
server to 7.4 to get access to the error codes.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |