Re: Schemas not created on restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Nolan
Subject Re: Schemas not created on restore
Date
List pgsql-general
> Yeah, this is an error in the 7.3 pg_dump logic for schemas.  Use the
> pg_dump from the 7.4 installation to dump the 7.3 server, or manually
> edit the dump file ...

When I try to build 7.4.1 on that system, I get the following error
in the regression test:

/home/postgres/src/postgresql-7.4.1/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//usr/lo
cal/pgsql/bin/createdb: relocation error: /home/postgres/src/postgresql-7.4.1/sr
c/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb: undefined symb
ol: get_progname
pg_regress: createdb failed

Do I need to actually install 7.4, or can I just use pg_dump and pg_dumpall
from it?  (I get the same 'undefined symbol: get_progname' message when
I try that.)
--
Mike Nolan