Re: PostgreeSQL C header files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From joseph speigle
Subject Re: PostgreeSQL C header files
Date
List pgsql-general
hi,

I have done work on sourceforge for my c++ cgi library.  It is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cgiutils2/

It is built up of 3 separate libraries, the cgi library which parses post requests and gets form values and such, a
sessionlibrary, and a template library which uses a custom parser.  The first and last don't need any data storage.
Forsessions, it doesn't use a postgresql backend, becase it uses mmap and semaphores for memory management of sessions.
I am in the process of adding mysql and postgresql c++ library code and configure switches to allow the user to store
sessioninformation in the databases, however, instead of in unix memory.

I have a website which exclusively generates all content from the cgi c++ library (it uses the cgi c++ library to do
sessions,templates and form processing) and it is http://www.myowndictionary.com/.  That client uses postgresql c++
libraryoff gborg which is libpqxx.  Source for the client is http://www.sirfsup.com/languages/cPP/lcgi/decoy.htm

Libpqxx has docs of its own but lots of it reproduces what's in libpq docs as it's just a c++ wrapper with classes
methodsand calls and such for the C code.

I am always looking for developers to help with the sourceforge project, if you want you could write the libpqxx class
forthe sessions or something.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 11:06:21AM +0100, Christian Kienle wrote:
> > See the "Client Interfaces" and possibly the "Server Programming"
> > sections in the PostgreSQL manual:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-interfaces.html
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/server-programming.html
> > The examples in the contrib directory of the source distribution might
> > also be helpful.
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> --
> Linux is like a wigwam - no gates, no windows and an apache inside.

joe speigle