Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic
Date
Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>I have been doing open source development for a long time but we are not
> >>talking about DEVELOPMENT. We are talking about MARKETING.
> >>

> >And that is different how ... ?
> >

> You are kidding right?

Not at all ... this is an open source, community project ... you are
proposing (or, at least, that is how I'm reading things), that Marketing
should somehow be done differently the the development of the code itself
is done ... Peter, Bruce and I are all saying pretty much the same thing
(again, as I'm reading things) in that Marketing should be planned/worked
on no differently the the code itself, in an open, community manner ...

----