Re: remove 'noversion' from standalone backend - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: remove 'noversion' from standalone backend
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway wrote:
> P.S. BTW, how does everyone feel about the methodology I've been
> using for submitting and applying patches? The procedure I'm
> following is:
>
> - for trivial / obviously correct patches, just apply them
> immediately
>
> - for fairly simple patches, submit them to the list and apply them
>   fairly soon afterward (say, within 24 hours or 48 hours). When I
>   apply the patch, send another mail to wrap up the issue.

I feel that you don't really need to "wrap up" the issue, because anyone
who cares enough will read the commit list.

> - for more complex stuff, the usual submission & review process until
>   the patch is ready to be applied.
>
> If people don't want the additional mail when a patch is applied, I
> can stop sending those to reduce the quantity of mail on -patches.
> I'm also open to any other suggestions for procedural changes...

It's up to you.  Normally it's OK to float a proposal and then install a
corresponding patch right away, but if you feel better when other
people look over the actual patch, feel free to post it.