Re: PostgreSQL websites down? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: PostgreSQL websites down?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Saturday 03 January 2004 10:10, Justin Clift wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > When the main web site is down, where else can we mention it?  Or are
> > you saying we should mention that IRC is where we will disseminate
> > information when the main web site is down?
>
> Well, I was just thinking that it would be nice to mention somewhere on
> the website that when the websites are down, we'll disseminate info
> through IRC.  Although that info won't be available when the websites
> are down, a lot of people should still see it and remember it.

I had a discussion with someone once about starting a postgresql "chat room"
on AIM... The theory was that if two people formed a room, anyone could join
it, and as long as someone stays logged in it would hang around forever.
Sort of like an irc chatroom but for the masses...

Robert Treat