Re: PostgreSQL websites down? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL websites down?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Saturday 03 January 2004 10:10, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > When the main web site is down, where else can we mention it?  Or are
> > > you saying we should mention that IRC is where we will disseminate
> > > information when the main web site is down?
> >
> > Well, I was just thinking that it would be nice to mention somewhere on
> > the website that when the websites are down, we'll disseminate info
> > through IRC.  Although that info won't be available when the websites
> > are down, a lot of people should still see it and remember it.
> >

> I had a discussion with someone once about starting a postgresql "chat room"
> on AIM... The theory was that if two people formed a room, anyone could join
> it, and as long as someone stays logged in it would hang around forever.
> Sort of like an irc chatroom but for the masses...

The nice thing about standardizing on IRC is that you don't have to setup
"yet another IM account" to get access to it ... I'm up to Yahoo!, MSN and
ICQ as methods of getting ahold of me, I don't know what other ppl are all
connected to :)

 ----