Re: BUG #15995: VACUUM not working after setting/unsetting of archive_mode = on, wal_level = replica - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15995: VACUUM not working after setting/unsetting of archive_mode = on, wal_level = replica
Date
In response to BUG #15995: VACUUM not working after setting/unsetting of archive_mode = on, wal_level = replica  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
> 9. VACUUM is not working, even after upgrades vacuum is not working.  If I
> unset archive_mode = on, wal_level = replica and leave to default, vacuum
> not working.  Following is the message I get, no dead rows removed, but lot
> of delete/update has happeded to the table.

There are basically two possibilities here:

1. You have an old open transaction somewhere.  Possibly an
uncommitted two-phase transaction.  The pg_prepared_xacts view
would help identify the latter.

2. You have a replication slot that's holding back global xmin.
Look in pg_replication_slots.

            regards, tom lane