Re: [SQL] 7.4.1 install problems on OS X 10.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Theodore Petrosky
Subject Re: [SQL] 7.4.1 install problems on OS X 10.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
you will have to edit the file called 'rc' in the top
level etc folder..

in the terminal type

cd /etc
sudo pico rc
(you will be asked for an administrator password)
scroll down 2 to 3 pages and find the section like
this

# System tuning
sysctl -w kern.maxvnodes=$(echo $(sysctl -n
hw.physmem) '33554432 / 512 * 1024 +p'|dc)
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax=167772160
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmin=1
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmni=32
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmseg=8
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmall=65536

after you change the values to look like this, type a
control-x to save and exit. restart your machine.

these are the values that I used and they work. I
don't know if these are the best settings, only that
they work..

Ted

--- beyaRecords - The home Urban music