Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
> > Our "clients" use legacy medical office software that 99% runs
> > on Windows. We offer add-ons (tailored mini-versions of our
> > main application :-) and thus get OSS (Python, PostgreSQL,
> > wxWindows, sometimes Linux itself) into their offices and onto
> > their networks. Most of the time the main difficulty is to figure
> > out how to offer PostgreSQL in their environment (yes, we know
> > about CygWin).
> >
> > ("clients" because we don't do business as in selling stuff)

> I know in a lot of environments this would not be via, especially a medical one
> where information is sensitive but have you considered using a hoster to house
> your app/database and then writing (windows) clients (with secure backends)?
Well, this is just for test driving so no sensitive data is of
any concern.

> There are a number of hosters including myself that would probably be more that
> willing to partner with you see how with can be does so that it an acceptable
> scenario all the way around.
I am talking about potential users looking at GnuMed. I am
just a developer, I am not interested in selling anything to
anyone. I am, however, interested in making it easier for them
to have a look at that piece of code. Which involves
connecting to a PostgreSQL instance somewhere some way or other.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346