Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
List pgsql-general
> I'm in a similar situation. My app is currently PG-only (although I
> _might_ be able to get it work with Firebird eventually). Currently I have
> to sell Linux to prospective clients in addition to my app. A native
> Windows version would make my life a bit easier.
Same here.

Our "clients" use legacy medical office software that 99% runs
on Windows. We offer add-ons (tailored mini-versions of our
main application :-) and thus get OSS (Python, PostgreSQL,
wxWindows, sometimes Linux itself) into their offices and onto
their networks. Most of the time the main difficulty is to figure
out how to offer PostgreSQL in their environment (yes, we know
about CygWin).

("clients" because we don't do business as in selling stuff)

Karsten Hilbert, MD

www.gnumed.org
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346