Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Casey Allen Shobe
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex Satrapa (Sunday 28 December 2003 22:16)
> Just convince your distribution's

My what?  I don't use no stinkin' distribution :).

> postgresql package maintainer

That would be postgresql.org, I know not of binary packages.

> "suggests/recommends" portion of the package management metadata.

Tar does not provide such metadata, and a suggestion is hardly the same as an
inclusion.

I'm just saying that it would be nice to include both CLI and GUI interfaces,
not to mention things like ODBC, as an alternative to the "minimalist"
download.

I got a private reply suggesting putting together a "distribution" of
PostgreSQL including extras, so that may be a possible route as well.

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com