Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Casey Allen Shobe
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Travers (Sunday 28 December 2003 20:56)
> Also, here in Indonesia, most of these B&B's charge less than $30/night.
> Purchasing a new system (often $700 or more) is the equivalent of 23
> room-nights (for a place which typically has fewer than 10 rooms).  Used
> PC's are out of the question because usually they have hardware issues, and
> so the cost savings would be marginal.

Hmm...good points that I had not considered...I'm used to being here in the
US, where I can go buy a brand new low-end Celeron server for under $200.
Not the greatest piece of hardware, but cheap :).

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com