Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Casey Allen Shobe
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout (Sunday 28 December 2003 02:57)
> Yes, they do vary, there is no stardard. As you point out, DB2 and MySQL
> use different commands, as does probably every other database. There is no
> command that is going to work everywhere.

That's not what I meant.  I mean that they *only* work in the psql client, not
when using PostgreSQL via ODBC or another interface.

> psql has variables, though I can't comment on how they compare to MSSQL's.

Do you happen to have a link to documentation?  If these aren't new, then I've
just somehow overlooked it.  I'd love to read further...

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com