BUG #1009: ERROR: could not open segment 1 of relation... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PostgreSQL Bugs List
Subject BUG #1009: ERROR: could not open segment 1 of relation...
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1009
Logged by:          Christopher Hodson
Email address:      nerf-pgsql@slacker.com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4
Operating system:   freebsd 5.2
Details:

I have a script that processes a bit of data.  I've been working on this script since 7.2 or soa nd have had no
databaseproblems.  After upgrading to 7.4 I seem to have a problem every run (which may mean calling this scripts
severaltimes).

The errors are similar to:
"psql:daily_update.sql:332: ERROR:  could not open segment 1 of relation "summ_stubcount" (target block 3538944): No
suchfile or directory"

Note that summ_stubcount is an index.

The error usually occurs within running the script the first few times and the actualy query it blows up on varies.

I'm not sure what info would be helpful here.  I would be happy to provide any more information I can.