Re: query and pg_dump problem on my postgresql 6.5.3/Redhat 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: query and pg_dump problem on my postgresql 6.5.3/Redhat 6.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Hmm, you do realise that 6.5 is *really* *really* old. Who knows how many
bugs there are. There have been *5* major releases since and many more minor
ones.

I remember back then, 6.5 had many quirks that required a vacuum to fix (or
couldn't be fixed at all). I remember when creating a temporary table inside
a transaction that aborted left an orphand file on disk.

You're going to have a hard time getting someone to help you with a version
that old.

Good luck,

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 03:15:05PM +0800, Wind Wood wrote:
> hi,
>    The disk just had problem, I used fsck to fix it, But the problem
> of database is still there.
> ????After I read the postgresql document and found this:
> ------
> COPY stops operation at the first error. This should not lead to problems in the event of a COPY FROM, but the target
relationwill, of course, be partially modified in a COPY TO. The VACUUM query should be used to clean up after a failed
copy.

Attachment