Re: CREATE TABLE AS COMMAND - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE AS COMMAND
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 13:20:27 -0500,
  Bob Powell <Bob@hotchkiss.org> wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> The following select works fine until I use the CREATE TEMP TABLE AS command because of the matching participant_id's
ineach table.

> SELECT * FROM addresses LEFT OUTER JOIN contacts ON
> contacts.participant_id = addresses.participant_id;
>
> Running the select obviously works fine, it's just when I try to create a table when I runn into problems.  Do I have
tolist all of the fields except the one I don't want, or is there another way?   Thanks in advance.

You probably want to use an explicit column list instead of * so that
things get associated correctly.