Re: [Fedora Core 1] yum repositories with 7.4? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [Fedora Core 1] yum repositories with 7.4?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 03 December 2003 05:47 pm, Boris Popov wrote:
> It appears 7.4 is not published in all the usual places so I was
> wondering if there's a yum repository with updated packages available
> and if not then what's the approach that will cause the least amount
> of pain? I do realize I'll need to dump/restore, just want some expert
> advice on how to upgrade the installation without breaking it.

Dump your database first.  Then, download the Fedora Core RPMs from
ftp.postgresql.org, in /pub/binary/v7.4/fedora/fedora-core-1.  Do an rpm -U
on the ones that's currently installed.  Then restore your dump.  You may
want to keep a set of the original RPMs around in case you run into trouble,
so that you can revert to the older version with --oldpackage.

A yum repository for a single set of packages?  I guess I could do that,
though...  But as soon as I set up the yum stuff someone will want an apt
setup.... :-)
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology