Re: 7.5 Plans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 7.5 Plans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 10:27:22AM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> What's everyone else wanting to work on?

I want to get the nested transaction patch thingie sorted out.
I feel it's not that far away.  After that, maybe

- try using a pg_shareddepend shared catalog to check user dependencies

- get VACUUM FULL to REINDEX instead of munging individual index tuples

- try to come out with something to enable aggregates optimization by using an aggregate-specific function to check the
plantree

Anyway, if I get nested xacts in 7.5 I'll be more than happy ...

(I will probably be doing lots of translation work too, or maybe enable
someone else to do it ...)

Dios hizo a Adán, pero fue Eva quien lo hizo hombre.