Re: Executable files in CVS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Executable files in CVS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> While people add more executable files to CVS (cf. initdb.c), can we do
> something about it?

Sure.  I logged into the main server machine and cd'ed to CVSROOT.  I
then when to the src/bin/initdb directory, and because I didn't have
permisssions, I moved initdb.c,v to another file name then copied it to
the original name so I owned the file.  I then removed the execute bits
from the file.  I did that for initdb.c and dirmod.c.  I then removed
files from my local CVS and did a CVS update and the files no longer
have execute bits.

I looked at my CVS and didn't see any more problem files.  Do you see
any others?

Pennsylvania19073