partial uniqueness - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject partial uniqueness
Date
List pgsql-general
There recently was a discussion on how to enforce
uniqueness on a row for a given condition, say allow many
address rows for a person where active = false but only one
where active = true. I cannot find it in the archives. Can
someone please point me to the messages so I can read up ?
Thanks. Also I can't find the relevant section in Celko's SQL
for Smarties anymore :-((  I know it's in there, I did see it
before...

I am trying to do it with triggers and a partial index
but can't seem to get there.

Can post details if wanted.

Thanks again,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346