Re: "Transaction over connections" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: "Transaction over connections"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 20 November 2003 13:22, Lada 'Ray' Lostak wrote:
> So, my direct question: can I invoke automatically some function in PgSql
> to make condition to EVERY sql statement ? Or what way will be the best for
> performace ? Does PgSql allready include some support for this thing ? I
> have done something for Oracle, but it will not work at PgSql world.I am
> novice to PgSql at all.

Instead of transaction id use a boolean column which is isProduction and
default it to false.

When you want to make it visible, just update relevant table in a single
transaction and expose it thr. a view.

I think this is already suggested.

 Shridhar