Re: Seeking concise PL/pgSQL syntax diagram - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Seeking concise PL/pgSQL syntax diagram
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 11:24:33PM +0000, Dean Arnold wrote:
> I checked the 7.4 PL/pgSQL docs but couldn't find
> a concise grammar description
> e.g. a BNF diagram...is any such thing
> available online ? I'm looking to possibly port a stored
> procedure debugger I'm writing to support Pg.
> (I'd prefer *not* to wade thru a lex/yacc definition)

I don't think there is a grammer description in the documentation. If you
don't feel like wading through the yacc file, note that yacc can produce a
concise grammer summary as a side effect, so maybe just compiling with the
-g or -v options to yacc will produce output you can use.

Hope this helps,
> "All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good
> men to do nothing." - Edmond Burke
> "The penalty good people pay for not being interested in politics is to be
> governed by people worse than themselves." - Plato

Attachment