Re: Need help. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Need help.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 02:04:56PM +0200, Petro Pelekh wrote:
> I find such strange thing in my postgres server
> -----------------------------------
> distance=> \d cities;
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "."

You are using psql from a 7.3 version to talk to an older server.  This
is not guaranteed to work.  It is recommended to upgrade the server, or
downgrade the tool.

Try
SELECT version();

and psql --version

"Just treat us the way you want to be treated + some extra allowance
for ignorance."                                    (Michael Brusser)