Re: Need Help - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Need Help
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:04:47 +0800, Abdul Wahab Dahalan <wahab@mimos.my> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I've a table like this
>
> kk     kj      pngk      vote
> 01     02      a         12
> 01     02      b         10
> 01     03      c          5
>
> and I want to have a query so that it give me a result as below.
>
> The condition is for each record with the same kk and kj
> but difference pngk will be give a mark *;
> [In this example for record 1 and record 2 we have same kk=01 and kj=02
> but difference pngk a and b so we give * for the mark]
>

> kk     kj      pngk      vote     mark
> 01     02       a        12       *
> 01     02       b        10       *
> 01     03       c         5
>
> How should I write the query?

You could do something like:
select a.kk, a.kj, a.pngk, a.vote, b.star from table a left join   (select '*' star, kk, kj from table group by kk, kj
havingcount(*) > 1) b   on (a.kk = b.kk and a.kj = b.kj);

I didn't test this so there might be a syntax problem, but it should make it
clear how to do what you want.