embedded postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jini us
Subject embedded postgresql
Date
Re: embedded postgresql  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am starting a new project where I intend to use
embedded database server in my win32 application.
I intend to use VC++ microsoft studio 6.0 as my
development environment.

The postgres.org website seems to be catering for
people with all sorts of requirements and platforms.

1. Where can I find the binary distribution so that I
can  use postgres server as an embedded database.
I assume it is a .dll

2. Also I would like to have the documentation which
shows how to start & stop the server programmatically
and execute sql, to create a database, use select
insert , update etc.

3. Is it correct that I do not have to pay any user
licences.
Postgres is free not only for development but also I
can include it in my software package.

Thanks.