Re: MySQLs' "FOREIGN KEYS¨ - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jeff
Subject Re: MySQLs' "FOREIGN KEYS¨
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:42:13 +0530
Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah@trade-india.com> wrote:

> Oops! really sorry , the tables were not of InnoDB type
> that could have supported FKEYS. *Will post again* once
> i get to put FKEYS properly on InnoDB tables.
>
> Still in that case also the beast should tell loudly about
> whats going on behind.

Wow. You know, I'd really expect it to at least go
"Hey, you're using MyISAM tables, which don't actually do foriegn keys..
so.. heh. Hope you don't actually need them!"

instead of being led to believe (like what happened to you) that you
actually had FK's and started building an app that relies on that fact.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/