RE - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Mark Perez
Subject RE
Date
List pgadmin-support
Can someone help me? I have a large database that I have been working on in MS Access and then placed it on a Red Hat
Server.It works awesome with PGAdmin and PostgreSQL. I then needed to take the code and database both an Access based
importand a pgdump. When I installed the beta version, I restored the dump and all the tables appeard and they were
empty.All the data was gone. So, I then imported the tables one by one, having a total of 275 tables. After importing
usingthe Wizard, I then tried to perform SQL's, however, I had NO data listed in any of the Sequels, unless I did a
SELECT* FROM [table_name], etc. All the data was there with that. But for complex issues such as CASE WHEN's and =, +,
>,<, etc. No data would result from them and was told that I would have to name "explicit typecasts. I am trying to
findout why, but most importantly, HOW I can proceed. I, then, went one step forward and purchased the box set of Red
Hat7.1 and after installation of the Operating System, I still cannot get it to work. Unfortunatey, Linux is so
cumbersomethat I just gave up. Is there anyone out there who knows how I can get around this? Becasue, I am now
returningmy Linux and reinstalling my Windows 2000 Server, which I should have never given up in the first place. I
LOVEPostgreSQL and the performance is exceptional and this I do not want to change, but just wish that it was more of a
Windowsbased Database Server, rather than Linux. Thank you all and if there is any advise you can give me, please do.