Re: Call for port reports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kurt Roeckx
Subject Re: Call for port reports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 06:36:38PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Kurt, this patch added special includes for testing un.h, and I believe
> it caused regression failures for the statistics collector.  Is it still
> needed?  What platform is this?

It's a linux system with an (old) libc5.  It's still needed for
that platform, but I doubt many people would use it.

On what platfrom does it break?  Is the result of checking for
un.h different?

The stats collector has this code that is relevant:
       for (addr = addrs; addr; addr = addr->ai_next)       {
#ifdef HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS               /* Ignore AF_UNIX sockets, if any are returned. */               if
(addr->ai_family== AF_UNIX)                       continue;

#endif               if ((pgStatSock = socket(addr->ai_family, SOCK_DGRAM, 0)) >= 0)                       break;
}

Kurt