Re: 7.3 : how add user when last user have lost 'createuser' option - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 7.3 : how add user when last user have lost 'createuser' option
Date
List pgsql-sql
alban wrote:
> i have execute
> ALTER USER postgres WITH NOCREATEUSER;
> it's work very well but now, i cant add, drop, alter user, alter group...
>
> ALTER USER postgres WITH CREATEUSER;
> --> ERROR : ALTER USER : permission denied
>
> there is a solution ?

Uh, you removed createuser permission from the postgres super-user.  I
think that's why you are getting the failure.  I think you have to
manually update pg_shadow to fix this, if it will allow that.

Pennsylvania19073