Re: plpgsql question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: plpgsql question
Date
List pgsql-sql
Rich,

> I don't want to abuse you - so if this is the wrong forum for this, feel
> free to toss it back with direction :-)

No, but I do think that you should CC a mailing list becuase:
1) Someone else may have direct experience with your problem and answer more
quickly than me, and:
2) Other people will want to read your issue and share in the solution.

Therefore I've cc'd the SQL list.  Hope that's OK.  I've omitted the full text
of your procedure in case it contains proprietary info.

> I think I might be running up against an error with plpgsql in temrs of seg
> faults with null values in stored procs.  Here is my stored proc, the
> error, and the datatype definintion:
> 1. I am using 7.3 btw
> 2. WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function
> getcaseaccounttransactionlist
> WARNING:  line 44 at return next
> ERROR:  Wrong record type supplied in RETURN NEXT

Um, that's a regular error.  How is it a Seg Fault?

From the error, the frist thing I'd suggest you do is to check carefully into
each of the column types and order in your query and the return type.   I'll
bet that one column is the wrong type or is transposed.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions